If you are looking for a Bluetooth-enabled wildlife audio recorder, with a built-in microphone, that is weatherproof, small, light, and affordable, without compromising on features, the Song Meter Mini Acoustic Recorder is a strong option.
This device will enable you to record birds, frogs and other vocal wildlife, with recording quality that is comparable to the standard Song Meter SM4. It is ideal for:
- • Species inventory
- • Presence/Absence surveys
- • Detecting endangered species
- • Monitoring habitat health
Compatible with Kaleidoscope Lite - Download here
New Feature Unlocked
If you undertake acoustic recordings of birds, frogs, land mammals and insects then this new feature is for you!
The new feature looks for vocalisations within long recordings, pulling them out for identification, saving you time as you analyse hours of data. To use this feature, just upload your audio files from your Song Meter recorder, then define what you would like the software to flag as a signal by adjusting parameters such as signal length. Click here
Features and Specifications:
- External Dimensions (mm): 123 x 168 x 36
- Weight (g; with batteries): 290
- Weight (g; without batteries): 190
- Power Requirements: 4 AA Alkaline or rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Battery Life (4 AA Alkaline): up to 215 hours*
- Power via optional lid: 2, 4 or 6 18650 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Battery Life (6 18650 Li-ion): up to 1,100 hours*
- Memory: 1 SDHC/SDXC flash card slot (≥Class 4). Up to 1TB SDXC cards
- Recording technology: 16-bit PCM .wav files
- Channels: 1 built-in (2 with optional second microphone)
- Recording Bandwith: 20Hz – 48kHz
- Sample Rates: 8000, 12000, 16000, 22050, 24000, 32000, 44100, 48000, 96000 (in samples per second on one or two channels)
- Built-in Microphone:
- Directional Characteristic: Omni-Directional
- Sensitivity: -11.0 ±4 dBfs/pa @ 1kHz, 0dB gain
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB Typ. at 1kHz (1 Pa, A weighted network)
- Max Input Sound Level: 105 dB SPL Typ.
- Enclosure Material: Polycarbonate - fully weatherproof
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to +185°F or -20°C to 85°C
*Run times can vary depending on the characteristics of specific brands and models of flash cards, the kind and quality of batteries used, temperature and configuration. We recommend SanDisk brand SDHC/SDXC cards.
Please Note: The Mini Configurator app will work with most smartphones or tablets that have Bluetooth version 4.0 or later and run either iOS 10 or later, or Android 5.0 or later. The one major exception we've found is Android devices produced by Huawei, which do not use the same Bluetooth implementation as other major Android manufacturers.
Warranty: 2 years recorder/1.5 years built-in microphone
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.