If you require a light-weight, compact zero-crossing bat recorder, that is ideally suited to static and passive monitoring, as well as active and mobile transects, then the Anabat Express is for you. This device was released in 2014 and is a firm favourite among many ecological consultancies.
The Anabat Express has been designed to make life easier. It is easy-to-use and quick to deploy. The GPS Transect Mode allows you to track the detector’s path, with each bat call being automatically tagged with a GPS location. The integrated GPS recorder automatically updates sunset and sunrise times as well as recording the unit’s location. In addition, the Express can use an omnidirectional or directional microphone, which can be plugged directly into the front of the case, or to a 1.5m extension cable.
If you wish to customise recording schedules, you can upload a programme to the Express via an SD card (pre-programmed on a PC). Ultrasonic sound data can be stored on SDHC cards with up to 32GB of memory.
Features and Specifications
- Simple user interface with continuous or night mode recording options preset
- Weatherproof, camouflaged plastic case
- Built-in GPS
- Runs 14 nights (based on 10% bat activity and 10 hours nights using 4 alkaline batteries)
- Records temperature and battery voltage
- External Dimensions (mm): 182 x 119 x 43
- Weight (g; without batteries): 385
- Power Requirements: 4 AA batteries
- Battery Life (Zero Crossing): Approx 14 nights*
- Memory: SDHC Card (up to 32GB)
- Microphone: Weatherproof omnidirectional or directional options
- Audio Output: None
- Frequency Range: Up to 250kHz (depending on microphone)
- Housing: Camouflage, weatherproof and shockproof
- GPS (Built-in): Daily GPS fixes, transect mode (GPS fix every second)
- File Output (Zero Crossing): Zero Crossing Analysis (ZCA)
*Based on 10% bat activity and 10 hours nights using 4 alkaline batteries
Accessories: Carry case, 1.5m extension cable, USB cable and lanyard magnet for checking status.
PLEASE NOTE: Batteries and SD card are not included.
Warranty: Detector 2 years, Microphones 1 year
Free software: Anabat Toolbox and Anabat Insight
- Dimensions: (H) 182 x (W) 119 x (D) 43mm
- Weight: 385g (without batteries)
- Mic frequency range: 5-150kHz
- Power: 4 x AA batteries, but can be converted to run on external power
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.