Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery of this item.
The Apodemus BatCounter automatically detects and counts bats (or other small animals) passing through the frame. This allows researchers to accurately count, for example, bats emerging from a roost.
The BatCounter frame is criss-crossed by 32 infra-red beams. By detecting the sequence in which these beams are broken, the unit can detect whether the bat is flying in or out of the roost being monitored, and adjusts its count accordingly. Bat pass information is stored on an SD card that can be analyzed later.
Animals as small as 25mm can be detected, and the active detection area is 760 x 350 mm, making this large size bat counter ideal for monitoring openings such as stable doorways, windows or cave entrances.
A great feature of the BatCounter is that it can be set up to send data by email of SMS Text messages at set intervals. This means you don’t need to be permanently on site to collect data, and provides reassurance that the unit is running properly.
Constructed from a sturdy black anodised aluminium frame, with integrated electronics, SD card slot and battery compartment, the BatCounter is weatherproof and sturdy enough to be left out in the field. Using the 8 x AA batteries the unit has a battery life of around 2 days, but it can be connected to an external 12V power supply for longer study periods.
As well as detecting bats passing through its frame, the BatCounter is able to trigger a DSLR camera (Nikon or Canon) using an external cable or through infrared signal.
The BatCounter comes with:
- 1 carrying strap
- 1 external power cable
- 8 AA batteries
- 1 SD Card
- 4 M6 eye bolts
- Detection Technique: 32 modulated infrared barrier beams detecting direction
- Minimum detection size: ≥ 25 mm
- Frame Size/Weight: 80 x 39 x 7 cm, 2800 g
- Active detection area: 76 x 35 cm
- Mounting: 4x M6 eye bolts are supplied to suspend the BatCounter
- 8x M6 female threads are foreseen for custom mounting
- Power supply: 8x AA batteries or external 12V (10..16V)
- Power Consumption: ≤ 40 mA under normal use. (Approx. 3 days on fresh .Varta “High Energy” AA batteries)
- Memory: SD Card, FAT16 or FAT32, up to 32 GB
- Configuration: Configuration via file on SD card
- Field software updates: Via SD Card update files.
- File formats: CSV or TXT
- User interface: User interface shows system status. The user interface is protected by a removable aluminium cover
- Mobile phone functionalities: Warnings: SMS / email
- Daily totals: SMS / email
- Daily reports: email
- An IP67 mobile phone antenna with SMA connector, SIM card and network coverage are required to use this feature
- Clock: Internal real-time clock
- Clock Accuracy: }3 min/year (0°C .. +50°C)}6 min/year (-10°C .. +60°C)
- Clock backup time: More than one year after a full operational period of 24 hours or more (internal clock battery recharge time)
- Camera trigger: For Nikon and Canon wired with 2.5mm jack and infrared is advised for reliability and speed.
- Other brands on request.
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.