The BATmode 2S+ is a modular bat monitoring system specially designed for the use on wind turbines. It mainly consists of a central detector unit, one microphone including the associated UltraSoundGate analog-to-digital converter from Avisoft Bioacoustics as well as an antenna. From a simple standard monitoring in the height of the nacelle of wind turbines with only one microphone up to bat call recordings with four microphones over the entire height of a measuring mast, a wide variety of measuring tasks can be realized cost-effectively with just one monitoring system. For additional microphones you will need a Microphone Extension Kit which includes an UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm-r and one microphone. A 4-channel UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm-r is also available (please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information).
Since measurements in the nacelle or tower wall of wind turbines as well as measurements on masts require completely different microphones, you can use for each measurement point the most suitable microphone. Choose between the GM50 or GM90 microphone discs specially designed for the installation in nacelles, the TM10 and TM20 for tower wall mounting or use the microphone TM20 on masts.
The system offers LTE mobile cellular network, WIFI and wired LAN network which allows you to remotely control the BATmode system via SMS, BATconnect App, Remote Desktop as well as myBAT cloud and consequently, always have an eye on your system's performance. Thus, ascents to the nacelle become obsolete and costs are reduced. Furthermore, the time-consuming evaluation of the recorded data can be reduced to a minimum with the new ProBat-compatible automated call categorization and the analysis software BATscreen.
- Perfect for long-term monitoring of bat activity on wind turbines
- 7th generation Intel® i3 CPU and the Windows® 10 operating system providing a great flexibility and intuitive operation
- Large internal memory of 512GB
- Up to four microphones
- Automated real time monitoring over a year without changing memory device
- Daily backup of recorded data possible via external drive
- Automatic restart after power failure
- Remote access possible via LTE, Ethernet and WIFI
- Transmission of major control commands via SMS
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Compatible with ProBat, the software tool for calculating turbine-specific curtailment algorithms
- Optical precipitation sensor can be purchased separately
- Easy installation in the nacelle of wind turbines with the BATbox S available separately
Scope of delivery
- BATmode 2S
- Avisoft UltraSoundGate 116Hnbm USB audio interface (includes "Avisoft RECORDER" software)
- Selected microphone (GM50, GM90, TM10 or TM20) – To be specified at time of order
- Cellular antenna with magnetic base
- Connector kit for microphone (2m)
- USB connector for UltraSoundGate
- Power supply
- Quick start guide
The BATmode 2S (4G LTE) is available here
- Intel® Core i3-7100U
- Intel® HD Graphics 620
- 8 GB RAM
- 512 GB SSD
- WIFI Intel® Dual Band-Wireless-AC 8265
- Cellular modem Huawei ME909s-120 4G LTE
- 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 2x HDMI, Gigabit LAN
- Connector for heating unit (Cinch)
- Connector for cellular antenna (RP-SMA)
- Connector for WIFI antenna (RP-SMA)
- Connectors for temperature and precipitation sensor (Mini-XLR)
- Power supply: 100-240V 50/60Hz AC
- Power consumption: ca. 20 W
- Windows® 10 Professional (OEM)
- Avisoft-RECORDER Software
Each BATmode system needs at least one UltraSoundGate 116 Hnbm. This is a high sampling USB audio interface for the acoustic recording of bats in the BATmode system which is connected between the BAT mode unit and the microphone. The UltraSoundGate and its corresponding recording software "Avisoft RECORDER" were proved in the RENEBAT research projects superior to other systems with respect to the bat triggers selectiveness and allows to record more bat calls with less noise.
We now offer FREE UK SHIPPING for online orders over £30 to the UK mainland (under 30kg), including service & repair items. For information on qualifying requirements for free shipping, please see our delivery page.
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
Important Information About Backorders
At Wildcare there are times when items are only available on a backorder basis, either due to high demand or if the item is a special order item. We refer to these as ‘backorder items.
Backorder items are clearly listed on our website as ‘Order To Reserve Stock (Backorder)’. Items that are in stock and ready to be shipped immediately are listed as ‘In Stock’.
When you place an order for a back order item or an order that includes back order items, a member of our team will be in contact within 48 hours of your order to confirm the lead time for delivery. For any queries before then, please call us on: 01451 833 181
We cannot guarantee that a backordered item will come back into stock or be delivered for a specific date, however we will always do our best to keep you informed and updated.
If your back order is urgent or required within a specific time frame we suggest to call us on 01451 833 181 so we can keep your requirements in mind throughout the waiting period.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.