BCT Survey Guidelines and Wildlife Acoustics recommend servicing and testing your equipment annually. If you are planning to have your bat recorders serviced for the start of the 2018 bat season please note we become very busy from March onwards.
Wildcare are proud to be the European Warranty Centre and the only authorised service and repair centre in Europe for Wildlife Acoustics’ range of bioacoustics monitoring products. Read more about our servicing and repairs team.
1. When should I send in my device for a service?
As soon as possible after the end of the field season! In fact, you can miss the Spring rush AND make the most of our early bird offer and receive 10% off all repairs and servicing if you book your units in by 18th December 2017.
Simply quote code: WS17 when booking in your unit.
*Our busiest time is from February to May each year. During this time the high volumes of units we receive for repair and service may mean you will have to wait a little longer for us to fully process your request.
2. What is the process?
- Your first contact will be with Emma who will provide all the advice you need and allocate you with your all-important unique RETURNS NUMBER*. With this in place we can track your units as they are being processed.
- Once your units are received at our Repairs Service Centre, Sorin, our engineer, will begin his evaluation.
- All items except total replacement of the motherboard, daughter card or microphone element are included in our standard prices. If your repair requires one of these replacements a quotation will be sent to you for approval before we proceed with the work.
- Once the goods are repaired, the ENGINEER'S REPORT* will be emailed to you and your goods dispatched.
- The cost of return shipping is £10.95 +VAT per shipment (not per item).
*Your RETURNS NUMBER is essential in helping us track your project. Keep it in a safe place, you’ll need it when making any follow up enquiries.
*The ENGINEER'S REPORT is confirmation of your full service diagnostic, showing repairs and replacements, either completed or required.
3. We will need our units back in the field ASAP, how long should our service/repair take?
- Minimum 1-2 weeks
- Maximum 6-8 weeks
*Our team advise avoiding the busiest period (Feb-May), by booking your units in early. We do understand however that this isn’t always possible.
*Our Repairs Centre will always ensure you are informed of an estimated time-frame and kept updated about any delays along the way.
4. Can you give me an idea of cost… and additional costs?
Your service includes a full diagnostic check by Sorin, minor repairs and replacements.
|SM2BAT||From £ 85 +VAT|
|SM3||From £120 +VAT|
|EMT||From £60 +VAT|
|SM4||From £85 +VAT|
|Batlogger M||From £85 +VAT|
|Anabat Express||From £85 +VAT|
|Cables||From £15 =VAT (extra charges apply for connectors)|
Additional repairs costs would be required for replacements of motherboard, daughter card and for microphone elements on units outside of their warranty period; more on in-warranty repairs below.
5. What brands can you repair and what happens if my unit is within its warranty period?
We can repair Wildlife Acoustics units within their warranty period and we liaise closely with Wildlife Acoustics technicians when we provide this service.
For all other brands, if a unit needs to be repaired within its warranty period we will be able to put you in touch with the manufacturer. However, Wildcare are not authorised to provide in-house repairs free of charge.
If you have any further questions in relation to this, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We provide general service & out of warranty repairs for:
- Batbox Duet
- Clulite torches
- Extension Cables
- Edirol Roland
We haven’t answered your question yet?
We look forward to hearing from you soon!