Newt eDNA service 2019 – Call us now to book your analysis slots
Wildcare work with Applied Genomics Ltd to offer an eDNA service for sampling Great Crested Newts. Kits are £200 each excluding VAT for our standard 5 day service. Shipping is a flat fee of £40 for delivery and return for up to 6 kits per shipment.
We also have a priority 2-day service and a 10-day discounted bulk order service. Please do contact us for more information or a quotation.
Buying from us is simple:
1. Buy your kits from Wildcare (call or email us to make sure you get the dates you need). Our GCN Molecular Detection kits are assembled to order in accordance with the DEFRA WC1067 Guidance. They contain everything required for field sampling of Great Crested Newt eDNA from pond water.
2. Collect your samples: Using our survey kits, surveys may be undertaken in a single visit to the target pond made between 15th April and 30th June. Water samples must be collected by a licensed GCN surveyor following the methods described in the DEFRA WC1067 Technical Report.
3. Return your samples to Applied Genomics. Full information comes with the kits. Samples returned to Applied Genomics’ laboratory, using our prepaid courier service, will be analysed in accordance with the laboratory protocols described in the DEFRA WC1067 Guidance.
- purpose-built laboratory for environmental DNA applications
- strict laboratory management systems to ensure proper procedures are followed
- guaranteed 5 working days turnaround from receipt of sample
- 2 working day turnaround available at an additional cost
Read our blog post for more information about how to carry out an eDNA survey for GCN.
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer. Schwegler products need to be ordered by 11am for next day delivery.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or Interlink, and larger items are sent usingTNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Hacklings.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email email@example.com
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.