Song Meter SM3 Acoustic Detector
Product code: 12847
The Song Meter SM3 Acoustic is a ruggardised, metal-cased acoustic recorder suitable for terrestrial, aquatic and marine life. Ideal for soundscape ecology. Two built-in microphones record in mono or stereo, using a 16-bit .wav or .wac format.
Highly configurable, the SM3 is a good choice when you need to create complex recording schedules that do different things on different days, or you need to time-synchronise recordings in different locations (requires additional GPS unit).
The SM3 can record up to 370 hours of acoustic data on one set of battery, and has an improved sleep mode which only uses around .05 mW.
Compatible with the SMM-A2 and SMM-A2 microphones and SM3-H1 hydrophone.
- More Info
Dimensions and Weight:
- Length/Height: 12.8"/32.4 cm
- Width: 7.9"/20.0 cm
- Depth (Upper): 2.3"/5.9 cm
- Depth (Lower): 2.6"/6.5 cm
- Weight: 5.5 lbs/2.5 kg
- Weight (with 4 Batteries): 7.0 lbs/3.2 kg
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F /-20°C to 50°C
- Main Power: 4.5 - 17V DC (4 internal D-size batteries)
- External Power Connector: 5 to 17V DC
- Clock Backup Battery Type: CR2032 (approximate 3-year life)
- Internal Clock Accuracy: Temperature-Compensated Crystal with 3.5ppm drift from -40°C to 0°C and 2.0ppm from 0°C to 40°C
- Power Consumption: 0.5 mW (sleeping); 250 – 800 mW (recording)
- Battery Specifications: The recorder uses four (4) standard D size disposable alkaline batteries or rechargeable NiMH batteries. Battery life can vary widely depending on the battery type, brand, charger, temperature, and other factors. The following battery life cycles are typical:
- Alkaline batteries: 260 hours (assuming 12,000 milliamp hours at 1.5V each)
- NiMH batteries: 180 hours (assuming 10,000 milliamp hour batteries at 1.2V each)
- The four (4) memory card slots can be populated with at least one (1) and up to four (4) memory cards of assorted capacities. The device supports all class 4 or faster SDHC or SDXC cards.
- Memory Sizes: Up to 2 terabytes (2048 gigabytes) supported total capacity using 256 GB SDXC memory cards for all four (4) memory slots. This is the maximum currently available; higher capacities may be available in the future.
- Formats: FAT32 for SDHC or exFAT for SDXC
- Compression typically increases effective capacity by 40%.
- Built-In Microphones: 2
- Channels: 2
- Recording format: 16-bit .wav or optional .wac proprietary lossless compressed format
- Analog to Digital Converter: 1.06V RMS (3v p-p) full-scale
- Amplifier Gain: 0 dB – 59.5 dB in 0.5-dB steps
- Noise Floor: -134 dBfs/sqrt(Hz) @48 kHz rate, 1 K input impedance, 0 dB gain
- High Pass Filter: Optional 2-pole at 220 Hz or 1 kHz
- Sample Rates: The recorder supports the following sample rates in samples per second on one or two channels: 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 9600, 12000, 16000, 19200, 24000, 32000, 48000
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer. Schwegler products need to be ordered by 11am for next day delivery.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or Interlink, and larger items are sent usingTNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Hacklings.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email email@example.com
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.