We are lucky to be a fast growing business, and are frequently hiring for new positions in various departments.
We pride ourselves on our great customer service, and that starts by building an exceptional team. We put our values at the heart of everything we do to create a welcoming, supportive working environment which is happy, healthy and safe.
Why work for Wildcare:
Located close to the beautiful Cotswold town of Stow-on-the-Wold, Wildcare has been supplying the ecology industry since 2001. It has been under the ownership of the Wheatcroft family for the past 5 years, during which time it has grown significantly.
Based within a larger agricultural company, Stow Agricultural, employees benefit from:
• Generous staff discounts
• Lunch provided
• Free parking
• Company pension
• 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
How to apply, or find out more:
If you would like to apply or enquire further about joining our team, please please call Georgie on:
• 01451 493 883
If we have specific vacancies, then they will be listed below, but even if the specific role isn't advertised please feel free to send in your CV with some information about the kind of work you are interested in.
Sales & Business Development Manager
- Full time, permanent contract
- £35,000 to £45,000
- 8am to 5pm - Monday to Friday
This role will be responsible for sales and business development at Wildcare, with a focus on client relationships and the growing Wildcare’s key accounts.
Using Ecology industry expertise and business acumen the postholder is a real go-getter with a strong desire to succeed and a proven track record in growing sales and encouraging team growth. The postholder will be proactive with exceptional communication skills used to build networks, reach new markets and establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base.
The role requires previous experience in a similar position with a genuine passion for Ecology sector.
• Develop a robust 2-year business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
• Initiate and co-ordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
• Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
• Provide timely, accurate and competitive pricing guidance on all product lines, maintaining maximum profit margins.
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
• Be responsible for the performance and development of the sales team.
• Support and guide the creation of individual and team actions, effective search and pursuit of sales leads and prospects.
• Conduct coaching and counselling with sales team to build motivation and selling skills.
• Ensures that all team members meet or exceed all sales and customer service standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
• Conduct one-on-one meetings and performance reviews with all members of the sales team to build more effective communications and to understand and develop training needs.
• Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and support.
• Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding team performance, projects and focus areas.
• Ensure business teams are kept up to date with relevant news and business plans.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Create and conduct proposal presentations to internal teams, management and clients.
Skills & Qualifications:
• An Ecology education to degree level or equivalent level of experience, ideally with a focus on mitigation measures, particularly in relation to British protected species, bats, dormice, great crested newts, etc.
• Demonstrable experience planning and implementing sales / business development strategies.
• Ability to delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up and to drive projects forward.
• An active listener with a compelling sales personality and a drive to pursue new business, at customer visits or remotely.
• Ability to set examples for Wildcare teams in areas of personal character, commitment, selling skills, and work habits.
• Strong communication skills, able to confidently deliver presentations, training and written communications to clients or internal business teams.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
• Highly numerate with experience of business financials (cost, profit margins etc).
• ICT fluency.
• Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection / setbacks.
• Proven leadership and team management. Positive and able to motivate and inspire others.
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
• Full driving license, willing to travel within the UK for business meetings.