Currently Available Positions:
- Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £20,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
A full-time, permanent position carrying out development, service and repair work on a variety of electronic equipment in the Cotswolds.
Wildcare specialise in selling products for surveying protected species such as bats, newts and dormice. Our sales are mainly business-to-business, and our customers range from large developers to academics and charities.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile and enthusiastic engineer to repair and maintain acoustic and ultrasonic recording equipment, microphones, cables and other electrical equipment. Some product development work will also be required.
Working within our small, friendly team, you will be performing a vital role, liaising closely with colleagues in the repair and sales. You will need to be motivated and able to work on your own initiative.
Salary dependent on experience. Immediate start, but some flexibility to wait for the right person.
Responsibilities are varied but include:
- Fault finding and diagnosis
- Servicing and repairing equipment
- Updating firmware
- Cable assembly
- Managing stocks of spares and other sundries.
- Preparing and sending repair reports.
- Liaising with manufacturers regarding repair procedures.
- Liaising with the rest of the team regarding purchasing, sales and customer support.
- Carrying out the work in a timely fashion and according to the priorities set by the sales team.
- Assisting with developing new products.
- Be able carry out component level fault diagnosis on PCBs
- Assess what is required for repairs
- Be able to read and understand circuit/wiring diagrams
- Have Functional Test experience
- Have excellent SMD and through hole soldering skills
- Be able to use multimeters/ oscilloscopes/ soldering etc
- Ensure high levels of customer service throughout
- Have a thorough understanding of the principles of electronics
- Be willing to learn about technical and specialist products
- Be able to work to the tight deadlines and schedules determined by the Customer Support Administrator
- Be an excellent team player
- Have good IT skills
- Have good personal skills
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have previous experience with a wide range of electronic repairs
- Be an excellent problem solver
- Be organised and methodical, and with attention to detail
- Have a flexible approach – some aspects to the work are seasonal
- Have an interest in bats, wildlife and/or ultrasonics
- Have previous experience with recording devices
- Have experience with Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Have good commercial awareness
- Have excellent numeracy and written skills
- Be confident to talk directly with customers
- Qualifications: City & Guilds level 3 or above in Electronics, HNC or Degree level in Electronics
Why work for Wildcare:
Located close to the beautiful Cotswold town of Stow-on-the-Wold, Wildcare has been supplying the ecology industry since 2001. It has been under the ownership of the Wheatcroft family for the past 4 years, during which time it has grown significantly.
Based within a larger agricultural company, Stow Agricultural, employees benefit from generous staff discounts, free lunches, free parking, company pension and 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
The successful candidate will report to the Wildcare Manager, Dr Fran Tattersall.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
If you’d like to know more please call Fran on 07775683457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org