Titley Scientific have recently released software updates for both the Anabat Walkabout and the Anabat Swift. It is important to install new updates as soon as they become available to ensure your detectors run smoothly.
The new firmware for the Swift is Version 1.2 and it introduces the following changes:
- Transect mode only active while currently recording
- Low power warning for external power supply
- Added a count for files recorded since deployment
- Fixed some unlikely events that would cause recording to stop
- Important updates to Schedule Mode
- UI improvements
- Fixed Swift turning itself back on after shutting down
- Other minor improvements
If you haven't run an update before, not to worry, we have a simple 5 step guide on how to carry it out.
The firmware for the Walkabout is Version 2.0 and it is in the ‘experimental’ stream.
The changes are:
- Auto Het fixed when streaming audio
- UI Changes
- Hide species buttons when memo is visible
- Checkbox when deleting a locked profile
- Consistent sound effects
- Stop profiles selecting when flicking through the list
- Fixed various profile inconsistencies
- Audio improvements
- Ability to update from SD card
Walkabouts are upgraded through the units themselves but the Swifts are a little more complex and we have a short blog on how to upgrade these that might be helpful – click to read our blog.
If you encounter any difficulties with this process please don’t hesitate to contact the Wildcare Team for assistance.