Please note the price above is a guide, please get in contact for a quotation.
The Apodemus BatLure plays bat recordings and other sounds up to 100KHz, making it a useful tool for bat workers and researchers.
By playing recordings of social- and echolocation calls, the BatLure can be used attract bats to an area to catch them or to draw their attention to newly erected bat boxes or hibernacula. It can also help to localize mating roosts by playing male vocalizations and observing the response of territorial males.
Play-back of bat calls is also very useful during training and bat-detector courses, and for testing bat recorders.
The Bat Lure can play back recordings made in time expansion or real time. Time expansion recordings are automatically recognized and played back in real time. Recordings are uploaded onto the lure using an SD card, and it is powered by 8 x AA batteries, with an option to connect to 12V.
The BatLure comes with:
- 1 carrying case with sufficient room for accessories
- 1 external power cable for a 12V power input
- 1 SD-card with several pre-recorded sounds
- Memory card: SD Card, formatted either in FAT16 or FAT32, up to 32GB supported.
- Supported files: Wave files (.wav), Mono/ Stereo, 8/16bit
- Output frequency: 5KHz…100KHz
- DAC Sampling frequency: up to 500KHz
- Time expansion to real-time: Standard supported (switchable)
- Output power: ~6W
- DAC resolution: 12 bit
- Battery operating time: >10hours (30% output power)
- Batteries: 8x AA battery
- External DC power: 6…16V, <3A peak, low impedance
- Speaker: Vifa XT25SC90-04
- User controls: On/off, Volume up, Volume down
- User feedback: Power led, clip indicator, volume leds (5x).
- Size: ~170x120x65mm including battery and speaker.
- Housing: Black anodized aluminum.
- Weight: 1000g including batteries.
- Tripod mount: Female thread for mounting on a standard photographing tripod (1/4UNC, 20tpi).
- External power connector: Standard
- Suspending eye: Standard
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email email@example.com
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.