Pettersson's BatSound software is a great tool for analysing recordings of ultrasonic bat calls and is compatible with .WAV format files. It is also possible to open sound files with other formats such as mp3 and wma if the corresponding codecs have been installed on the computer.
Developed particularly for the Pettersson range of bat detectors, Bat Sound has a number of great features that make it particularly useful to analyse bat calls recorded directly with a D500x or a D1000X ultrasound detector.
In the Virtual Bat Detector mode, sound files of time expanded or high speed recorded sounds are replayed at the original speed, emulating a heterodyne bat detector. Perfect for learning how to identify bats using a heterodyne detector, for classroom demonstrations etc.
The Automatic Recording mode makes it possible to have the computer record sounds automatically. The desired threshold level is selected and the computer will start recording to a sound file as soon as the signal exceeds this level. Many parameters are available to fine-tune this mode, e.g. by setting limits for the minimum pulse length, total recording time, maximum number of pulses to record etc. Frequency-selective triggering is also available, to avoid recording undesired signals.
- Uses any Windows compatible sound card for sound input and output.
- Supports sound formats up to 32 bits with one or two channels (mono/stereo) and sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz (possibly limited by the sound card).
- Multiple windows with different sound files can be opened at the same time, facilitating comparison of signals and analysis results.
- Printing and export picture files through Windows clipboard (BMP and WMF formats).
- Wide range zoom function.
- Optional time and frequency compensation of time expanded signals to show the original time and frequency.
- Play Speed function to implement time expansion playback of high-speed sound files from D500X/D1000X detectors.
- Open Next/Previous command makes it easy to scan through all files in a folder. Very useful for browsing files obtained through unattended recording.
- Automatic parameter extraction feature, calculates max/min frequency, pulse duration etc.
- Optional grid lines in most diagrams.
- Clipboard export of analysis results.
Windows 10 compatibility
The older BatSound versions may not work with more recent Windows versions. BatSound ver. 4.21 and higher do support
Windows 10, if you have an older version, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an upgrade.
- Intel or AMD 1 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 1 GB minimum (also depends on the operating system)
- Windows compatible sound card
- >1 GB of free hard disk space
- BatSound version 4.1: Windows XP/SP3, Windows Vista/SP1 or Windows 7 operating system
- BatSound version 4.2: Windows 7/SP2 or Windows 8 operating system
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email email@example.com
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.