This eletrically heated bat box was developed to mitigate for the loss of a Pipistrelle maternity roost. It provides a thermostatically controlled artificially heated roost space with ceramic heat sinks and black external colouration to help it warm up and maintain a stable temperature. Its 1.7cm entrance slot is ideal for bats but deters birds. Comes in two sizes, the smaller Maternity Box and the larger Colony Box. Easy to install and operate, simply plugs into a conventional socket.
It is also suitable if you are looking to provide a heated bat roost and potentially encourage a maternity colony to use the box.
The box has 3 large crevices and an internal waterproof heater, which enhances the temperatures inside the box with the temperature thermostatically controlled and set by the user.
Dimensions: 49 x 26 x 13 cm.
This box comes as two parts; The bat box to be fitted outside, comes complete with a 10metre flexible cable and the control box which is fitted inside, comes complete with mains cord and 13A plug and RCD.
- 17mm entrance slot is ideal for bats but deters birds.
- Close fitting panels and roof (precision cut by computer controlled equipment) with insulation above crevices for restricted airflow and improved heat retention.
- Internal ceramic heat sinks for improved temperature stability.
- Bat ladder at base of box continues inside box to ensure bats find it easy to access and move around within the box.
- Easy and safe to erect box on walls or trees - relatively light weight for its size with 3 screw holes for mounting.
- Easy (1 screw) to remove roof for cleaning or inspection where permitted
- External surfaces treated with water based non-toxic non-volatile wood treatment.
- Manufactured in exterior grade FSC Certified European birch plywood
- Key features of the control electronics and heater of this innovative new product include:
- Factory fitted thermostatic heating system is simple, quick and safe to use
- 50 Watt heater near base of bat box, with wireframe "fireguard" to protect bats
- Alarm protects against over-heating
- Electrical connections to bat box waterproofed to IP66
- 10 metre (approx) flexible cable permanently fixed to bat box, to allow box to be fitted high on wall if needed
- Microprocessor based temperature controller goes inside building, with power cord and mains plug
- Sounds alarm and switches off if it detects a disconnection or too high a temperature
- 4 push buttons to operate on/off and temperature control settings
- Control settings retained when disconnected from mains
- Status display on temperature controller shows current temperature and whether heater is switched on
- Incorporates a residual current circuit breaker to protect both people and bats
- Electrical installation does not require an electrician - plugs into standard mains socket
How to set it up;
1. Run the 10 metre long flexible cable down the wall, into the house or building and plug it into the Temperature Controller.
2. Plug the Temperature Controller into a mains socket.
3. If the power is then switched on, and the RCD plug clicked in, the heating system will be working.
Safety has been built into this product by design. All the electrical parts are fully enclosed and the external items double insulated, while in the unlikely case that there is a problem, there is a malfunction alarm and cut-off, and an integrated residual current circuit breaker to protect all users (bats and humans) from electrical shock. The bats are protected from getting too close to the heater by a small "fireguard". There are audible alarms fitted to warn of overheating and when disconnection has occurred
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.