The Pettersson D240X is a combined heterodyne and time expansion detector. It allows you to convert ultrasonic bat calls into distinctive audible sounds, whilst capturing fragments of time that contain useful call information.
- Easily adjusted with wheel frequency and volume controls on the side
- Easy-to-use functions like a back-lit screen with a large digit display, which shows the frequency in the heterodyne mode.
- Compatible with stereo headphones: hear the heterodyne signal on the left channel and the time expansion signal on the right channel
- Built-in speaker - switch between the heterodyne or time expansion signal
- Compatible with digital recorders such as the R-05 Edirol or Tascam DR-40 enabling you to record the time expanded calls for analysis on a PC. If the recorder has a "voice-activated" recording mode, the detector can be left in the field for unattended recording of bat calls
Weight (g): 170
Dimensions (mm): 119 × 60 × 25
Type: heterodyne and time expansion (x10 or x20 – selectable via switch)
Comment switch: Yes
Outputs: 2 x 3.5 mm jacks for headphones and tape recorder
Battery: 1 x IEC 6LF22 (9V)
Quiescent current: 30 mA typ. (replay) including LCD backlight
Microphone: Advanced electret
Frequency range (kHz): 10-120 (min.)
Display accuracy (kHz): ± 0.15
Bandwidth: 8 kHz (+/- 4 kHz), -6 dB
Sampling frequency (kHz): 307
Resolution (bits): 8
Storage time: 3.4, 1.7 or 0.1 sec. (selectable via switch)
Trigger modes: Manual, level – broadband, level – narrowband
Pretrigger: 50% of the selected storage time
Memory size: 1M x 8
Miscellaneous: Overload indicator, adjustable input gain, replay of signal in memory through heterodyne system
Warranty: 1 Year
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.