The Song Meter SM4BAT-FS is a lightweight, compact Full Spectrum bat recorder designed to be left in the field for up to a month at a time without the need to change batteries. Sold here together with the SMM-U1 microphone and 3m cable.
Combining many of the features of the powerful SM3BAT with the size and compactness of the popular SM2BAT, the SM4BAT is ideal for bat and site surveys that require static monitoring, especially at remote sites. A rugged polycarbonate casing, integrated mounting bracket and weatherproof security cover ensure the unit stays dry whatever the weather.
The SM4BAT-FS generates high-quality, full-spectrum recordings that can easily be converted to zero-crossing recordings using Wildlife Acoustic's free Kaleidoscope conversion software.
- Comes with built-in programs tailored for bat research.
- Very simple to create customised schedules.
- Longest deployment times on the market, thanks to a new low-power microprocessor and large battery capacity.
- Deployment times can be extended with external power sources.
- Effortless and affordable synchronization of multiple units, using a single GPS accessory
- GPS accessory also records the unit’s travel path
- The custom-built, lightweight, molded enclosure allows multiple units to be packed into a backpack.
- The weatherproof enclosure has an integrated, lockable security cover.
You will also need D cell batteries, and an SD card (Class 4 or better).
2019 Update: Remote monitoring for Wind Farms
Wildlife Acoustics have recently added a remote logging capability to the SM4BAT-FS, designed for wind farm operators who need to know the status of their Song Meters.
This is only available on recorders with serial numbers greater than S4U06942 (manufactured from around March 2019) and running firmware 2.2.1. or later. You will also need an RS-232 data cable to connect the Song Meter to a data logger or other external system.
The new upgrade implements a serial communications interface to wind energy SCADA systems. The SM4-FS responds to serial requests with information including:
- cumulative number of bat passes and pulses detected*
- flash card capacity
- Recording Technology: Single-channel; FS: 16-bit .wa
- Sample Rates: Full-Spectrum, single-channel; 256kHz, 384kHz, 500kHz
- Storage: 2 SDXC/SDHC flash card slots (Class 4 or greater). More than 1 terabyte total capacity using 2 512GB SDXC cards.
- Dimensions: Height: 8.6"/21.8 cm; Width: 5.9"/ 15.0 cm; Depth: 2.8/7.1 cm
- Weight: 1.4 lbs./.64kg without batteries; 2.7 lbs./1.2kg with batteries
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to +122°F or -20°C to 50°C
- Warranty: 3 years
Also available in Zero Crossing. You can find out more about the differences between Zero Crossing and Full Spectrum in this Video
Overview of the SM4BAT:
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.