The 1FQ bat box by Schwegler has been carefully designed for use as a roost, to form a colony or nursery to shelter their young. Externally it's visually appealing to humans, which is good as it is built for fitting to an external wall and is ideal for bats that inhabit buildings. The 1FQ provides a variety of different areas, including crevices and cavities, to attract bats as they search for spaces that suit their own habits and needs. For example:
1) To help bats land and hang on securely, the outside of the front panel is roughened.
2) Entry is via a simple step-like recess so even inexperienced young bats can quickly get used to it.
3) Inside the back of the box includes rough pieces of wood (good insulators ie warm) that the bats can use as perches
4) The woodcrete shell provides a cool rough interior which the bats can grip.
Altogether there are three different areas inside from which bats can hang (plus other places to hide), offering different brightness levels and temperature, with crevices ranging from 1.5 to 3.5cm in width. The two main areas can be inspected by removing the front panel.
The front panel is painted a light color during its manufacture. If the color needs to be changed, then please use air-permeable wall paint. The rear of the unit is untreated which makes for better content with mortar (if installed within the exterior rendering). Any metal parts are rustproof if they may come into contact with the animals.
One more thing to know – the bat box is made from Schwegler’s Woodcrete, a tough, weather-resistant blend of wood and concrete that will last for years and won’t rot, warp, crack or leak. Woodcrete is breathable/porous, so it maintains a stable temperature inside and also provides a rough surface for the bats to cling to. Combine all this with a box design that prevents water from entering it and you have a unit that will protect bats for decades.Occupants: Bats that inhabit buildings.
- External Dimensions:
- W 35cm
- H 60cm
- D 9cm
- Weight: 15.8kg
- Installation: Using screws and plugs, the box can be easily fixed to most types of external brick, timber or concrete. It will also attract bats if placed inside a roof space or historic buildings. When fixed to timber, it is recommended that the gaps between the wall and the box are sealed with silicone to prevent moisture being trapped. Position 3 metres or higher and ensure there is a clear flight path.
- Includes bat box, screws and plugs
We aim for next working day delivery on all UK mainland orders received before 3.00pm. Where products need to be made to order or are not a regular stock item, or during busy times of year, despatch times may be longer.
If your order is urgent please call us on 01451 833 181. There is usually an additional charge for timed delivery.
We will always use a reputable courier company and require a signature on delivery. Smaller items are usually shipped using Royal Mail or DPD, and larger items are sent using TNT or Tuffnells. Palletised deliveries are with Pallex.
We will email you shipping confirmation after your order has been despatched. Where available, you will also receive tracking notification by email or text. If you need to track your parcel urgently then please contact us.
We can deliver to anywhere in the world, but you may need to contact us for a quote.
If your order doesn’t qualify for free shipping then UK mainland delivery starts at £6.67 ex VAT, while Highlands and Islands delivery starts at £12.50. You can calculate shipping costs using the basket.
If you receive damaged items or the wrong goods, please let us know straight away so that we can arrange for them to be returned to us and replaced as quickly as possible.
You will need to obtain a Returns Number - please call us on 01451 833181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return goods, WITH THE RETURNS NUMBER MARKED ON THE PARCEL to: Wildcare, Eastgate House, Moreton Road, Longborough, GL56 0QJ
We may ask for a photograph any damaged items before we agree to replace them.