Ecology Supplies - Buyer and Product Specialist
A full-time, permanent purchasing position within a small team in a busy office located in the Cotswolds.
Wildcare specialise in selling products for surveying protected species such as bats, newts and dormice. We are looking for an experienced buyer, with specialist knowledge of the ecology industry to work within our growing business.This is a great opportunity for someone with a mix of field and office experience to play a significant role within a fast-paced business.
Salary: £25,000.00 - £ 30,000 pa depending on experience.
You will be responsible for ensuring that we have the right products in stock at the right time, and at the best possible price. You will work closely with our sales, marketing and accounts teams, as well as our workshop and engineer.
- You will carry out routine purchasing based on previous years figures, as well as dealing with queries about pricing and availability.
- Working with the sales and accounts teams, you will help forecast and plan large orders.
- Using your ecology background you will help identify and source new products, suppliers and target markets.
- With your excellent written skills, you will write persuasive and informative copy for the web site, catalogues and email marketing.
- You will add new products to our stock management system and web site, and communicate effectively about them with the sales team.
- You will be responsible for managing our higher value items stock room, including unpacking, checking and labelling high new stock, stock taking, maintaining and checking serial numbers on Smartsheets.
- Working closely with our workshop, you will ensure that products are being fabricated in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Highly numerate, you will ensure that we have the best possible pricing at all times.
- You will occasionally be required to meet with suppliers away from our premises, and to attend conferences.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of experience of working as an ecologist in the field, and working in a commercial office environment. Some purchasing experience, and previous use of an accounts/stock management package is essential. However, we are above all looking for someone with a genuine passion for our products and the ecology industry. Full training on our systems will be given to the successful candidate.
Candidates must have:
- At least 2 years experience in an office/professional environment.
- Familiarity with an accounts package such as Sage or Profit Plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous purchasing experience.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Some experience as a field ecologist, whether in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- A personable approach, able to work well with others.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Attention to detail and a methodical way of working
- A flexible approach
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent numeracy and written skills
- A willingness to learn about technical and specialist products
- An interest in natural history or experience within the ecology industry
- A second language, ideally French
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Why work for Wildcare:
Located close to the beautiful Cotswold town of Stow-on-the-Wold, Wildcare has been supplying the ecology industry since 2001. It has been under the ownership of the Wheatcroft family for the past 4 years, during which time it has grown significantly.
Based within a larger agricultural company, Stow Agricultural, employees benefit from generous staff discounts, free lunches, free parking, company pension and 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
The successful candidate will report to the Wildcare Manager, Dr Fran Tattersall.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
If you’d like to know more please call Fran on 07775683457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org